Friday, November 28, 2008

Salsa - Dinner

Soft Tacos with shredded pork ($7.99)
When I sat down at the table I was asked if I wanted the hot or regular salsa with my chips. I asked for hot but they discouraged me but I insisted. It was a green salsa...spicey hot with a nice flavor. I did not find it overly hot.. but I like spicy food. The soft tacos come with a choice of steak, chicken, or one of two kinds of pork. I went with the pork (which one I am not sure.) The plate had for soft tacos with the meat, a bunch of freshly chopped chilantro, and some sliced radishes. It would have been fine for a lunch but not enough for a dinner. I had flan for desert and WOW, I have never had such smooth, silky flan with no separated water. There was a sweet syrup over it. VERY nice. I ordered the black bean soup to go because I loved it so much. Be aware that the packing of the soup was not in a good containor and it was all over in the bag when I got home. I am sure it will taste great for tomorrows lunch. They have a take-out menu but they do not deliver. I really like the flavors in this place but if I get the soft tacos, I will also get a soup to fill out the meal. Be sure to try out this place. It is just down from the Newton Theatre on Spring St, across from Rite Aide. There is a parking lot around back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recently ate at Sala and found the food was more than worth coming back for more. The taste is authentic and the service is attentive. Great Mexican music in the backround, All this at a great price.

Anonymous said...

Salsa offers in town delivery for orders over $10. My favorite Mexican in the area is still Riviera Maya but since Salsa delivers and the food is a very close second we eat here often.