Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Salsa - dinner

Enchiladas with mole sauce ($8.99)
My dinner plate contained three enchiladas with a rich mole sauce which had a pleasant bite to it. On the plate was also Mexican rice, shredded lettuce with tomato and refried beans that had some body to them. I ordered as a prelude at $3.99 (which I didn't need) the black bean soup which came in a large bowl. It had a dark flavorful broth and plenty of beans. The soup was garnished with a lot of chopped fresh cilantro and diced raw onions. This soup was the star of the evening. For desert I had a pound cake soaked in three kinds of milk.. evaporated, sweetened.. and I don't know. It was very moist and sweet. The restaurant is located in the strip mall just down from the Movie theatre on Spring St, across from Rite Aid. There is an adequate parking lot behind the building. This place has also taken over the next store unit so it is very roomy. It has pleasant Mexican decorations, some historical and fun.. but not too gaudy as some Mexcian places do. Although I had the soup and dessert which I did not need, the bill was under $20.00. The place is a good alternative in Newton... inexpensive... Mexican. They are opened for lunch and dinner and breakfast on Sunday. Give this place a shot. In these hard times we need good food at reasonable prices.

No comments: