Friday, November 21, 2008

O'Reilly's Pub - Dinner

Chicken Pot Pie ($12.00)
This was my first disappointment at this place. The pot pie was a bowl of something like a thick chicken soup (the pieces of chicken about twice the size of sugar cubes) with puff pastry on top. It tasted very nice but there was little substance.. in fact I had to ask for a tablespoon to eat most of it. I prefer a pie crust on a pot pie but what disappointed me here was the lack of body (and chicken) in the pot pie. Hopefully they will improve this dish. I can't wait to go back to try their "bangers and mash" and one of their wonderful looking hamburgers. O'Reilly's is on lower Spring St (in what used to be Flapjacks.) They have a liquor license and the bar with two wide screen tvs was busy on this weekend evening. There is a small parking lot and parking on the street. This is a pleasant, homey place that serves just what they say.. pub food. Be sure to try it out. The service could be a little faster, but they obviously make everything there.
NOTE: read my latest entry on their chicken pot pie. They have improved it.

No comments: