Friday, August 22, 2008

Narin Thai - Dinner

Hot Pepper (Pad Krapao) with chicken $11.00
Once again I had a delightful dinner at this Thai restaurant on the square in Newton. It is nice having a different cuisine available in the area... we all should support it. Since the prices are so good, there is no problem getting a soup or appetizer. I chose "Golden Triangle" ($5.00) which is fried bean curd served with a spicy tamarind peanut sauce. The triangles were crispy on the outside and soft on the inside (kind of like scrambled egg.) I told the waiter that I like hot things... yet the sauce, although tasty, was far from spicy. I barely could notice any spice heat. The hot pepper with chicken was a delightful mix of vegetables and diced chicken with a flavorful sauce. There was a nice hint of licorice in dish which may indicate that one of the vegetables was fennel. I liked it. The atmosphere is wonderful in this small restaurant. The staff is informed and pleasant. The menu fully explains all the dishes so you don't have to figure out what an unfamiliar name is. This is my third time here and my only complaint is that, even when asked for, the food is not spicy hot. I had heard that Thai food was "blow your head off hot." It definitely is not here. There is no parking lot for the restaurant, but at dinner time, there is plenty of parking around the square, up 206 or on Spring St. They say on the menu "call ahead for curbside pickup."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My husband and I love this place and have never been disappointed.