Friday, August 8, 2008

El Mejicano Restaurant - Lunch

Enchiladas Mole Poblano - $12.95
Since it was a glorious day, we chose to sit out on the deck under colorful umbrellas. I noticed that they have outdoor heaters for the deck (when needed.) For our appetizer we ordered the fresh guacamole which was wonderfully rich and chuncky. I would have preferred it a little spicier with some jalapeno. The one order of guacamole was so rich that it was plenty for the four people at our table. My enchiladas mole poblano had a wonderfully flavorful mole sauce. I could taste the chocolate and cinnamon. It was a very rich sauce and I think I would have been better over whole pieces of chicken rather than on enchiladas. When the meal was over, I was stuffed with two rich dishes. For those of you who are interested, El Mejicano does not presently have a liquor license but they said they will be getting one . The do have a "bar" and will provide mixers. I have been here twice now and the service is a tad slow (not overly so) , but the food is great. The restaurant is at the corner of Routes 23 and 517 in Franklin (about 14 miles from Newton.)

No comments: