Saturday, October 27, 2007

Narin Thai - Dinner

Roasted Duck Curry ($13.00)
I started with an appetizer of Thai Spring rolls. They were light and crisp served with a peach sauce and a small salad. My main course was shredded duck in a red curry sauce. I ordered it "full hot" and it had a nice bite but did not blow off my head. The sauce was made with cherry tomatoes, green and red sweet peppers and of course, coconut milk and curry. It was served with sticky rice. For dessert I had sweet sticky rice with fresh mango. This three course meal was under totally under $27.00. It was wonderful and refreshing. Everything at the Narin Thai is presented beautiful and the decor is wonderful. It is located on the square at Newton with no parking lot but at dinner time there is plenty of parking on the street. This restaurant is only open for less than two weeks and I left at 6:00pm and there were four other couples dinning. I wish them well. It is a refreshing and healthy choice for Sussex County.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ate there last night...enjoyed it very much

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy this restaurant. The food is fresh and flavorful. Why go to a chain restaurant and eat processed frozen foods when you can spend the same amount of money on a healthier, fresher meal?

Unknown said...

Waited for over an hour after placing our order. When asking where our appetizers were we were told that they had "Run out of food" - very very very poor service. We will never go back.

Anonymous said...

How are you sure that the food is not frozen? But 2 things that I am pretty sure the cheese cake is from Costco and they said it is "homemade". And the thai coffee, actually it is starbuck. they serve from the bottles that you can find in costco. lol