Monday, January 17, 2011

Shawnie Boy's - Breakfast/lunch

This is a new lunch place in what used to be the "Lunch Box" in that funny round shaped building on 59 Diller Avenue by the Newton/Sparta Road traffic light. I have been there twice. First I had them make a turkey and swiss sandwich which was made on delicious thick rye bread. It was piled high with moist turkey and only cost $5.00. The second thing I purchased was their breakfast burrito which had sausage, eggs, potatoes, salsa and sour cream. It had a great flavor but was a little sloppy for me (I think it could do without the sour cream.) The place has "street foods from around the world" including things such as Italian Hot Dogs, Cuban Sandwhich, Beef Gyro, Pulled Pork Sandwich, Crab Cake Sandwich, Fish and Chips, Falafel, Lamb Kebab, Chicken Muffuletta and many other things. It is an interesting selection and all home made. I definitely will be back. The one downfall is the parking, which is limited but they do deliver. Give this place a try. They a mix of some of the usual plus interesting things you can't get elsewhere around here. They also have wi-fi.

No comments: