Friday, January 1, 2010

Julie & Julia

You may think this is a strange entry for this blog... well it is not. If you haven't seen the movie, do so. I started this blog for similar reasons as Julie started hers in the movie... to share my experiences. After watching the movie I realized that it has been a long time since I have made an entry. This is for two reasons. One.. I am trying to lose weight and that is not always easy going out to eat. The other reason, I am not aware of new eateries in the area that I have not experienced.

Having said that, there are two places I have to visit. The first is the JC's Grillhouse which has reopened after some trouble over their liquor license. The other is a new Mexican place which is located in the former Kebab place just north of Newton on 206 right after the light at Clinton Street. I wish them well but unfortunately, the parking there is absolutely terrible. One doesn't need many strikes against you to kill a new food business and the parking thing here is a BIG one. Hopefully I will stop in there soon.

1 comment:

Julia Catherine said...

Myself and a couple family members stopped into JC's Grillhouse on a saturday night last month. Pretty quiet for a saturday night! Service and wait for the food were ok. I ordered a BBQ chicken sandwich with fries and a miller lite.. ahhh a delicious meal! The only complaint I had was that the fries had a sort of 'twice cooked' taste and appearance. They were probably meant to be like that but its the same concept of 'dark' potato chips, which i dont like either. Otherwise pretty good, the chicken was not at all dry and had that fresh from the grill taste.