Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Dominick's (new location) dinner

Garlic Roast Chicken with mashed potatoes $14.00
For starters, I ordered a bowl of their "spicy seafood soup ($5.00.) It had a variety of seafood (including some mussels in a their shells in a tomato based broth.. I would not call it spicy though. The entree came with a salad.. lettuce, olive, pepperoncini. A roll and two slices of their excellent pizza were served also. While very good, the roasted chicken was not what I expected. I was two large chicken breasts covered with a creamy garlic sauce with roasted red peppers. There was also spinach on the plate. I ordered this as what I thought would be a healthy choice.. it was not.. but very good. The whole mean with iced tea came to a few cents over $20.00. I did not need the soup... especially since a nice salad comes with the meal.
The new Dominick's is across the street from their old location on East Clinton Street in Newton, in the new shopping center. The old Dominick's has always had the reputation as one of the best pizza places in town. Now it has a roomy dining room decorated tastefully Mediterranean. When you walk in you pass the pizza for pick-up. There is plenty of parking. It is newly opened, so the wait-staff is still in training.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the new location and dominicks has always been the best pizza around Newton. I wouild like to see you review O'riellys pub and grill again. The first time we went the food was very good but they seem to be having problems in the kitchen. Service was slow and we waited a long time for food. I see that they have a new chef and i'm starting to hear good things. Please do what you do and let me know if we should go back. Thanks

Anonymous said...

Last time I got pizza here it was HORRIBLE. Chewy, overcooked, not anywhere near their usual standards.