Thursday, September 18, 2008

County Seat - Dinner

Shepard's Pie ($12.99)
The meal was served in its own dish - gravy with chopped meat and a few vegetables. It was covered with mashed potatoes and baked with a crust on top. The dish was presented with three onion rings. This was the first item at the new County Seat in which I have been disappointed. The presentation was blah (tan and brown with a garnish of onion rings.) Under the mashed potatoes there was very little meat or vegetables. I am used to shepard's pie being a hearty, solid dish and this was not. The only high point was the three onion rings. They were real onions and fried to a nice crisp. The County Seat is just north of Newton on Route 206. You must park across 206 in the lot diagonally across from the restaurant. Give it a try.. just maybe not the shepard's pie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recently treated a friend to a dinner at the newly re-opened County Seat in Newton, NJ. The prices were very high for the food quality. Our server was condescending and rude. The brie salad was excellent, but it was the only thing I can say that was positive about the experience. When ordering burgers, we asked to substitute onion rings for french fries, and were told it was not an option. (We would have been glad to pay more) The burgers were both overdone. I called County Seat and spoke to the “acting manager” who said his name was “Bob”. He repeatedly interrupted me and seemed totally disinterested in the complaints. I told him in today’s economy customer service should be of primary concern. He hung up on me! I called back to confirm that he had indeed hung up and he said “yes” because he did not like what I had to say about the restaurant. Think twice before dining at the County Seat in Newton!!!!