Monday, December 10, 2007

Chatterbox - Dinner

Chatterburger ($6.99) A nice sized burger (not frozen pattie) on a roll with lettuce, tomato and onion. It comes with one side of various things such as fries, coleslaw, applesauce etc. The burger was cooked as I asked - rare (I was surprised they did it.) It was moist which probably means greasy. I also ordered onion rings which were made of sliced onions... but they were overly greasy. I drank iced tea. For dessert I ordered a hot fudge sundae which was prepared perfectly. There service was TERRIBLE. Between each step of the process there was a long wait and the place was far from crowded. Other tables were being waited on much better than mine so I left significantly less than 20% which is something I rarely do. The entrance to the dinning room is confusing with a rope making two aisles. It is not clear which aisle to enter - I think you are supposed to go left because the register is on the right. It should be better marked. The atmosphere is of the 50's drive-in. There is plenty of parking. It is located north of Newton at the intersection of 206/15/ and 265.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This diner is a routine destination for my family. When the urge strikes for great milkshakes or onion rings or a need to see the Antique Car or Bike Nights, we gladly drive for an hour to go to the Chatterbox.