Saturday, September 15, 2007

JC's Grill House - Dinner

Grilled Salmon (entree $19.00)
I was excited to go to the place which was formerly "The Spring House." I love well grilled meat and was looking forward to a steak or pork chop done on the grill. They had both, but they were huge. There were several large steaks (one was 20 oz) and a 16 oz pork chop. That is way too much to eat for me... so I ended up the the grilled salmon. It was prepared excellently with chunk crab meat in a cream sauce over one side of the fish. It was served with beautifully prepared fresh vegetables. I also ate a house salad ($3.00) coffee ($1.50) and bread pudding for desert ($6.00). Everything I ate and saw was prepared excellently but I just wish they also offered a human-sized steak (nice NY strip, shell, or strip steak) of a reasonable size rather than everything the size of half a cow or pig. While it is not a cheap place to eat (everything is ala carte), I do not feel it was overpriced for the quality of the food. The JC Grill House is on Spring Street in Newton in what used to be the Spring House and before that, the Waldemere. There is parking on the street and a public lot behind it. Give it a shot for a special occasion.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Went to Jc's Grill House to see what all the rage was....... at last a decent place to dine in sussex county. It was just amazing. I had a New york strip it was a perfect size not to big not to small it was just right. I recomend it to all... give it a shot. I assure it will be your favorite place to dine in sussex county

Anonymous said...

I tried JCs grillehouse and it was average. The food wasnt great or terrible, although everything is ala carte and I feel overpriced for the area and quality. I may eat there again but not a regular thing